Knowing when to start your baby’s weaning journey can be confusing for parents, especially with your first baby. The best first foods on their weaning journey will be easily digestible and will be smooth in texture (no lumps).
Starting off with a puree of a single vegetable, (which are also great to prepare in big batches & store in smaller portions in the freezer.) is the perfect place to start. Just steam your chosen veg and blend to a smooth consistency.
Here are some tips on consistency:
4-6 months – Blended to runny puree
6-7 months – Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months – Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months – Minced and mashed with soft lumps
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
10 simple & easy recipes to help you on your way:
1. Avocado Puree – Avocado is full of nutrients so it is perfect for weaning your baby. They are rich in the ‘good fat’ & vitamin E which is good for the immune system.
2. Carrot Puree – Carrots are soft when cooked and puree to a smooth consistency. Perfect for your baby’s first foods.
3. Butternut & Ginger Puree – Start using more than one ingredient and explore different flavours!
4. Cheesy Cauliflower & sweetcorn puree – Also fun to let your little one explore the cauliflower ‘clouds’ with their hands to engage their senses!
5. Spinach, potato, carrot and cheddar mash - This super mash recipe is made from all things good. Who could ask for more?
6. Porridge with Fruity Compote - A thoroughly fruity breakfast that the whole family can enjoy.
7. Ratatouille By Nanny Joyce – Perfect for 9months+
8. Egg Brunch Muffins – Delicious any time of the day.
9. Banana and Blueberry Muffins – A great snack that can be kept in the freezer.
10. Carrot and Cheese Muffins – A healthy snack option.
|The Beaba Babycook is the perfect product to help you on your weaning journey. It steams, blends, de-frosts, and re-heats all in one. Just the thing you need to make your little ones the perfect purees.|
Have fun & good luck!